This workshop is dedicated to one purpose— inciting a revolution of the Heart. For too long we have been taught to say what others would like to hear. And to make rational sense, rather than speaking from the heart. And to be assertive, rather than learning how to listen.
Imagine living in a way that each person’s voice is held sacred, and listening is valued even more than talking. There are no lies, and gossip is just a meaningless word. There is no shame or judgment, and the expression of all feelings is welcomed.
The good news is that this way of gentle, clear, and heartfelt communication is natural to you — you are genetically programmed for it. Many Natives call it Truthspeaking, and all you have to do is unlearn what keeps you from practicing it.
Lety Seibel and Tamarack Song, your instructors for this workshop, learned Truthspeaking from their Menominee, Ojibwe, Blackfoot, Hopi, Iroquois, Australian Aboriginal, and Mayan Elders, and from living with Wolves and other wild relations who are natural Truthspeakers. In this five-day intensive, Tamarack and Lety help you to:
- Dissolve the boundaries that keep you from saying what you really mean and hearing what others really mean.
- Quit suppressing your feelings, and defending yourself from the feelings of others.
- Listen beyond what words are saying by intuitively tapping into the universal language.
- Learn the role of feelings and emotions — especially anger and fear.
- Avoid what smothers Truth: gossip, small talk, swearing, absolutes, lies, masking humor, and secrets.
This workshop is based in part on the book Truthspeaking: Ancestral Ways to Hear and Speak the Voice of the Heart.